On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 06:57:48PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> qemu-nbd --shared (-e) flag controls how many clients can connect
> concurrently.  0 means unlimited.

As of qemu commit 3dcf56e625 (v6.0.0).  Does v2v need to cater to
older qemu, or are we at the point where we can say "using this
version of v2v requires at least X minimum version of qemu"?

> We want to allow the sockets to be queried by other processes while
> virt-v2v is running and it should be safe to do this.  The default
> configuration of qemu-nbd doesn't allow this so add --shared=0.
>
> Note this does not (in current qemu) enable multi-conn because we
> aren't using the -r (read-only) flag.

Yeah, I still need to work on that for qemu 7.0 (my attempt for 6.2
garnered some interesting review comments from Kevin, which I still
need to address).

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266