On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 09:35:48 +0000, Waleed Musa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I see in libvirt you are supporting attach/detach devices to existing xml
> domain using attachDeviceFlags and detachDeviceFlags APIs.
> Now we are adding some qemu command to the xml domain related to some
> interfaces using alias names before starting the VM, but we will face an
> issue with hot plug such devices, so I have two question here:
>
>   1.  Is it applicable to set the alias names for interfaces because I saw
> it's ignored when I add it to xml domain before starting the VM?

User specified aliases are possible with 'ua-' prefix:

https://www.libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#devices

>   2.  Is there a way or API to attach qemu commands to running domain as you
> are doing in attaching the device using  attachDeviceFlags?

No. For VMs which use <qemu:commandline> we don't formally provide
support. I suggest that if you have a good use case for the attributes
below, you send patches adding the functionality to libvirt if you want
to have it on device hotplug.