On 07/28/2011 06:55 AM, Matthias Bolte wrote:
Okay, this works for libvirt itself, but it fails for make check as
the global CPPFLAGS also affect gnulib, but with this patch it doesn't
contain the gettext related parts anymore and the gnulib tests fail to
find libintl.h because of this.

> Is there any option in gnulib that would allow to inject
> GETTEXT_CPPFLAGS into the gnulib makefiles, or any other possibility
> to fix this?

Fortunately, I know how to fix that - it involves changing our gnulib-tool to spit out gnulib.mk to be included from a wrapper Makefile.am that we manage, rather than our current practice of letting gnulib-tool spit out the complete Makefile.am (coreutils.git does the same thing).

I attached a preliminary patch.

I'll submit a v2 based on your patch shortly.

+dnl save and restore CPPFLAGS around gettext check as the internal iconv
+dnl check might leave -I/usr/local/include in CPPFLAGS on FreeBSD resulting
+dnl in the build picking up previously installed libvirt/libvirt.h instead
+dnl of the correct one from the soucre tree.

including this typo fix: s/soucre/source/

Everything else you had looks good, just missing the gnulib handling.

--
Eric Blake   ebl...@redhat.com    +1-801-349-2682