On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 04:28:48PM +0100, Thierry Parmentelat wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm trying to rebuild libvirt 1.0.2 on various targets - mostyl f16 and f18
> for now
>
> I've started from the specfile that I found in this source rpm here
> http://libvirt.org/sources/libvirt-1.0.2-1.fc17.src.rpm
>
> in which I've mostly added without clauses :
>
> %define _without_storage_disk true
> %define _without_storage_iscsi        true
> %define _without_storage_fs   true
> %define _without_storage_lvm  true
> %define _without_polkit               true
> %define _without_sasl         true
> %define _without_audit                true
> %define _without_netcf                true
> %define _without_avahi                true
> %define _without_sanlock      true
> %define _without_xen          true
> %define _without_qemu         true
> %define _without_hyperv               true
> %define _without_phyp         true
> %define _without_esx          true
> %define _without_libxl                true
>

> when building with these settings though, I'm facing this undefined error
> below; this happened on both f16 and f18
> I take it there must be something slightly broken in the specfile logic, if
> anybody had a hint on how to address this is would be much appreciated
> For one thing I don't know how to get the real sentence behind this 'CCLD'
> thing, so I could check if libcurl (which I believe should provide that
> symbol) is mentioned or not..
>
>  CCLD   libvirtd
> /longbuildroot/BUILD/libvirt-1.0.2/src/.libs/libvirt.so: undefined reference
> to `curl_global_init'

You need this fix

commit 514b93061c11a4a61454458bcb2980a482185959
Author: Jiri Denemark <jdene...@redhat.com>
Date:   Fri Feb 1 13:36:06 2013 +0100

    build: Add libcurl dependency to libvirt_driver.la

    libvirt.c calls curl_global_init() if WITH_CURL is defined and thus it
    should be linked with libcurl. This fixes link failure in case neither
    xenapi nor esx driver is enabled (they are the only users of libcurl).

Daniel