Or so I thought. Here is a script that concatenates your old history
with the new files, or renames the old files to the new names. The data
format seems to be the same. It seems to have worked for me, but I take
no responsibility for what this script does. Take a backup of your .licq
directory before executing the script.

Took a few mins to write and a few mins to share, enjoy.

Merry Christmas!

/Mattias Sandgren

[--------- SCRIPT BEGINS ---------]
#!/bin/sh

BASE=${HOME}/.licq

echo "Licq User Message History Recreation App"
echo
echo "This script will concatenate your old history to new 1.3x files"
echo "in ${BASE}.  It will delete your old history files."
echo "Continue (y/N)?"
read CONTINUE

if [ "$CONTINUE" != "y" -a "$CONTINUE" != "Y" ]; then
  echo "Aborting."
  exit
fi

cd ${BASE}/history
echo -n "Creating file list .. "
files="`ls *.history | cut -f 1 -d . | sort | uniq`"
echo "done."

for i in $files;
do
        if [ -e "$i.history" ]; then
                if [ ! -e "$i.Licq.history" ]; then
                        echo "$i : old history -> renamed"
                else
                        echo "$i : old history -> appended to new file"
                        cat "$i.Licq.history" >> "$i.history"
                fi
                mv "$i.history" "$i.Licq.history"
        else