Hello Rikard,

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:18:19 +0100 Rikard Johnels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all!
> Have a 1.3.1/SSL install (from SuSE apt) that keeps segfaulting.
> I usually keep it logged on and set the status to "Not Available"
> and "Invisible"
> If i leave it up, it segfaults after a period of time (differs from time to
> time)
> As far as i can see it is when i get a pending message from a offline user.
> Then it dies with segfault, and if i start it i get;
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> licq
> 09:12:40: [WRN] Licq: Ignoring stale lockfile (pid 30338)
> Segmentation fault
>
> I have no idea where to look or even what to look for.
>
> Any ideas?

Providing a backtrace would help! This implies building w/ debug options (for
instance: ./configure --enable-debug && make && make install; don't make
install-strip!), and running licq from gdb. If possible use code from CVS.
When licq segfaults, you are still under gdb, then type bt or bt full and send
the full output to this mailing-list.

Let us know if you need more help around building licq or running licq from
gdb!

Regards,

--
wwp