On 2024-09-16 07:19, Knute Snortum wrote:

On Sun, Sep 15, 2024 at 10:46 PM Stu McKenzie via LilyPond User List <swwlilyu...@stoozsoftware.com> wrote:

    I use \bookOutputName to generate different output files, but when
    I try a full output path, or a folder path, in LilyPond, they are
    ignored.
    My previous "acceptable" options within Frescobaldi, do allow
    those options.

Hmm... I didn't have any problems with this code:

\version "2.24.4"

\book {
  \bookOutputName "/home/xxx/tmp/foo"
  \score {
    \relative { c''4 d e f }

Knute Snortum

Knute, your example gave me the clue - I'm running on Windows!

LilyPond statements must have forward slashes in path names.

That's what happens when I attempt changes too late in the evening.

Now I agree with Saul that this saves having to use the Frescobaldi menu LilyPond>"Engrave (custom)..." option (simply use the standard engrave).

Thanks to both Knute and Saul.