Am 25/12/2006 um 16:12 schrieb Christopher A. LaFond:

Why not just add a short glossary of equivalents at the end and refer the reader to it?

I think that the variable terms are few and I suppose that everybody, or almost everybody, will be able to understand the different English flavors, especially after reading the little notices after each "first occurrence". It would not warrant a glossary. I am assuming somebody with an acceptable knowledge of general music theory and an elementary knowledge of how to operate his own computer. Maybe a general glossary English-English could be useful in a more general scale than this little introduction, but then we would have to translate it to other languages, to make it more useful. I don't know if that would be inside the scope of a project like LilyPond.

Manuel