On 4/10/07, Anthony W. Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Kieren
MacMillan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>> musicXML -> lilypond   is currently done as a python script; python
>>is a very nice language and is quite easy to learn.
>
>Why is it not in XSLT?
>Even if the performance is worse, it would seem to make more sense from
>an industry perspective...

As I understand XSLT it is designed to convert from one valid XML
representation to another valid XML representation.

yes, that's the most common usage, it is however possible to transform into
something non-xml

However, developing (*and* supporting) a working xslt solution is a *major*
PITA. Secondly, xslt is essentially stateless leading to more pain...

So... stay clear of xslt :)

regards,
Simon