Hi Lilypond Experts,

In a piece of music I am currently engraving, the composer requests a
combination of dashed slur on the harmonic but solid tie on the base note,
and in the following it works perfectly in example A, but in B (where the
harmonic remains on the note d) one gets an extra solid tie. I have tried
various ways around this (see B' and B'') but neither are quite satisfactory
­ in B' the phrasing slur is no substitute for a tie, and in B'' the stems
do not quite align convincingly.

\version "2.16.2"
\relative c'
{
\time 3/4
\set doubleSlurs = ##f
<<
{ \slurDashed
d2.\harmonic^\markup "A" ^( | c2.\harmonic) }
{ g2.~ | g2. }

% --------------
<<
{ \slurDashed
d'2.\harmonic^\markup "B" ^( | d2.\harmonic) }
{ g,2.~ | g2. }

% --------------
<<
{ \slurDashed
d'2.\harmonic^\markup "B'" ^( | d2.\harmonic ) }
{ g,2._\( | g2.\) }

% --------------
<<
{ \slurDashed
d'2.\harmonic^\markup "B''" ^( | d2.\harmonic) }
\\
{
\stemUp
g,2._~ | g2.

Am I missing something really obvious here!? Is there any way of losing the
superfluous tie in B?

Many thanks for whatever advice or solutions you may suggest.

Alex Voice