-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Sandeep Khomne
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 7:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: <lingo-l> Open/display a word doc thro director.

Hello All,

Sorry if this question may sound very basic or has been addressed 100's
of
times.

How do I open a word document thro director on both PC and Mac?
Ans - by open command. But the application [MS office PC/Mac
version]needs
to be present on the client machine.

But what if I dont know the path of the application?
Ans - use buddy api with parameter "doc".

But would it always return the path of MS Word always. Coz in my case it
shows path of winword.

Lastly is there any other way to display/open a word doc thro director
other
than having the ms word installed on the machine.

Regards,
Sandy.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]).