At 08:37 AM 3/26/03, Alex wrote:
Quick simple question that is bugging me,  I have a series of Jpg images
that in the windows folder register as being 12k in size the biggest ones
being 96k.

When I import them into Director each of the images shoot up to a massive
1.8mb in size? I wonder why it does that?  Does it convert the jpg's from a
compressed
format to a bitmap or something???

That's it exactly. Director expands them in memory to be uncompressed.

If you need to reduce it, consider changing the color quality from, say, 32-bit to 24 bit or 16-bit.

- Tab