>A variation on the subject matter, I had a huge project awhile back that
>required many non score graphics, so I simply created a list which indicated
>the moviename, the marker and the memberNum of the last castmember. Then I
>basically did the same thing, checked the mediaReady of the specified
>castmember when ever a command was issued to go to a new marker.

<snip>

More sophisticated than my solution. Here's another variation.

This project had a *lot* of graphics--a couple megs, if I remember right.
Similar to you, we kept a list of the jpg files, except they were on the
server as individual jpg's, not as a cast. We used preloadNetThing and
netDone, then imported the file into the cast.

That also gave us the flexibility of being able to download a graphic out
of order, depending on the user's menu selection. Delete the list entry and
keep going until list.count = 0.

A lot of credit for coding that solution goes to another member of this
list, Bryan Thompson.

Cordially,
Kerry Thompson
Learning Network