At 01:32 AM 9/6/00, Jonas Brink Worsøe wrote:
> [...]

Except CD-ROM. If a projector running on non-writable media uses
set/getpref it will be written to the temp folder and deleted upon normal
projector termination.

FileIO is a good way to save text files from projectors running on CD-ROMs.
There is lots of good information in the technotes on fileIO as well as on
Director-Online, MediaMacros, and Director Web.

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' :)