Hello,

I have to convince the technical staff and managing staff of my company
that MUS and director 8 is better suited for doing collaborating stuff
(sharing a graphical white-board, do some processing on images, reinject
 into the server, and so on...) that NetMeeting.

The managing staff like the idea of a Microsoft product, free moreover,
which comes without plug-in and integrates seamlessly with IE5 browser.

The technical staff argues with me on the real-time and
videoconferencing.  I reply they can't do image processing and reinject
on the server...
Well, yes indeed they said with the 'SDK and channel' programming
instaling a server-side COM component which, they said is impossible
with MUS and shockwave.

    Can you help me to counterargue these points :
- sharing applications
- performance issue (real-time)
- security issue
- standard compliance (Netmmeeting 3 whiteboard T.120 I think)
- no plug-in to download
- existence of a SDK
- video-conferencing
- deployment on an intranet of 3000 computers

If no, is it foreseen in Director 9

      Help
          Thanks

                                    Tony