At 12:06 AM -0400 9/10/00, Kurt Griffin wrote:
>  > Greetings,
>>
>>  I have a handler that calls another handler. I can embed the 2nd handler in
>>  the first one, but I make it separate in case I can reuse it from another
>>  script. The problem is there are values, expressions that have to be saved
>>  as globals. Instead of letting the globals floating around when the program
>>  is running, is there a way to kill it after it's done. I don't know if
>>  properties would do it since I only know how to use it in a sprite
>>situation.
>
>Time for OOP... just the phrase "letting the globals floating around" is a
>good indicator that what you really *want* to do is OOP. I'm not saying OOP
>is better (god forbid we open that thread again), but in your case, I think
>you should look into making an object that will store the information (and
>methods) that you want in one convenient package. Lots of people on this
>list can help you with the specifics - I'm sure Irv would love another
>disciple. :)

<snip>

I agree with everything Kurt says here - including adding more disciples :)

If you want to, and you have a simple enough example, post the code
that you currently have and I will be happy to show you how to
convert it to an OOP script and/or use parameters in your calls.

Irv
--
Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions
            (We even do weddings and Bar Mitzvahs!)