Hi list

Im using the multi user server to set up a simple message board.

On the stage I have a text member that displays the messages. On that sprite I have a
behavior that has a few properties that are used for, among other things, text
formatting and keeping a local copy of the current messagelist.

I also have another script (a moviescript) that handles all callbacks from the
multiUserServer.

Now:

Everytime a callback is received from the server the appropriate handler is executed
as expected.
The callback handler then calls one of the handlers in the behavior on the textSprite.

Now the mystery begins:
I get an error, and when i click "Debug" i find that all my properties in the
textSprite behavior are <void>.
If I ask the watcher to show me the value of the very same properties, they are all
OK?? KWAK!!

I made the properties into global variables and everything suddenly worked A OK.
But I donīt want globals, do I? certainly not. I like my OOP oriented programming
style ;-)

Any clues out there in the lingo wizard community?

Bjarne
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the OTHERS here
for?

Bjarne Nyquist
Researcher, Lingo Programmer
The Interactive Institute, phone: +46-(0)8 783 24 74
www.interactiveinstitute.se