Hello List,
        I'm trying to create some sort of a "study tour" along a river
stopping at certain points(with Dir 7). I want to use a button to display
a map to show where the user is in each step. The map is a simple movie
which i'm trying to run as a MIAW and it simply displays the map of the
river and a button to close the window. the code i'm using is:

-- when the user clicks on the study tour hyperlink I create the
-- window movie and preload it:
     on hyperlinkClicked me,data
        if data starts "visit" then
           global newWindow
           set newWindow to window "map"
           set the rect of newWindow to rect(100,85,700,515)
           set the titlevisible of newWindow to FALSE
           preLoadMovie "map"
           go to "visit"
        else if
        end if
      end

--when the user clicks on the "map" button:
 on mousedown
  set the visible of window "map" to TRUE
 end

--the movie "map" close button:
on mousedown
 close window "map"
end

The MIAW opens but the close button (which is made of a rectangle and
text saying "close") doesn't show the text, but it works and closes the
window. The movie "map" works properly when opened independently in Dir 7.

        What am I missing??

        Thanks in advance,
        Carlos Ferrao