> im trying to make a sprite move in a upleft,upright,downleft,downright
> position. or at least when the user presses the UP and right key the
> castmember pertaining to the upright position appears.

Firstly, you're passing the keyPressed() function two parameters, but it
takes only one.  You'd need to use this:

case TRUE of
  ( keyPressed(123) and keyPressed(126) ): move me, 0,0 --upleft
  ( keyPressed(124) and keyPressed(126) ): move me, 0,0 --upright
  ( keyPressed(123) and keyPressed(125) ): move me, 0,0 --downleft
  ( keyPressed(124) and keyPressed(125) ): move me, 0,0 --downright
end case

However, rather than checking for two keys simultaneously, you might
consider using different keys.  The 7,9,1, and 3 keys on the keypad might be
more intuitive for the motion you're wanting.

In addition, you're sending your move() method the same parameters for each
case.  This may have been just to distill your code to essentials for the
post, but it would certainly also cause your move() method to do nothing.

Hope this helps,
Rob

* Rob Wingate, Software Human    *
* http://www.vingage.com         *