Woa... I didn't actually _mean_ to start a flame war :)
(this might come a bit late, but I haven't been at this computer for a few
days, so...)

I know that Bhakti's reply was tongue in cheek, and my response was meant to
be taken the same way.
But I guess we Irish people are a bit touchy when it comes to Salaries here
in Dublin.
Did I say "we Irish people"? Oops :) I'm actually a Russian Israeli Jew,
living in Ireland for the past 4 years (and married to a non-Jewish Dutch
man!)

Bruce, I understand (and heard before from friends of mine who live there)
that house prices in San-Jose are sky high, but they're pretty bad here as
well. I rent a one bedroom apartment in Dublin, pay 700£ per month, and
count myself lucky. It's impossible to buy a decent house here, unless you
already have a better one. So it's not all party time :)
If anyone would like to offer me a job in San-Jose (or anywhere with some
sunshine), I'd be there before you can say "San Francisco", and it has
nothing to do with the money either :>

Karina Steffens,
Multimedia Designer/Programmer

Martello Media Ltd.