Hi all, I am completing a Dir 8.0 project that uses
lots of QT 4.0. I simply wantdirector to detect if QT
4.0 is present and if not a dialog box alerts the
user- maybey giving instructions.
The script I am using is below is what I believed
simple

on startmovie
  if quickTimeVersion(4.0) then
    alert "you do not quicktime 4.0!. Please
install.......blah blah"
  else
    go to "stay"

  end if

end

Needless to say it fails.
For testing I have place "alert "you have quicktime
4.0!"" and "go to "stay"" in this order because I know
my machine has qt.Once this works I will reverse these
2 items. Should this be on "startmovie" or should it
be a frame script in a stub movie?
Will the script be the same on a mac?

Any insights greatly appreciated.

cheers Ernie Lee