Thanks for your input. However I think your solution may not be
applicable in my case. I am printing text from both fields and text
members, but I don't use the inherent text formatting from the field.
I use the Printomatic commands setTextFont, setTextStyle, and some
others, to format the text just before outputting it to printer.

And it does look as expected in the print preview, but not in the actual print!

So it seems something get screwed up in the communication with the printer.

I do have the text in a cast that is not cast nr 1, but it is internal.

I have an unpleasant feeling that my only hope is to pray that it
works better on the PC (which is the target platform). I have try it
as soon as I can lay my hands on a Director 8 for PC. Gotta be one
somewhere in the building...

-Andreas