Hi
(Dir 8 win 98)
Trying to get my head round datagrip
if anyone can shed some light I`d be eternally..&etc.

Using the management tutorial that comes with the xtra
I want to set up a field member, type in a word and search through
the database table to see if it exists.
This is what I`ve written so far:-

on findIt
  global rshandle
put the text of field "search" into searchText
  if DGRSFindFirst("SELECT * FROM Contacts Where LastName =" &searchtext ,
rsHandle) <> 0 then
    put rsHandle
    put dbHandle
  else
    put "Search Again?"
  end if
end

The "DGRSFindFirst" Giving me  a "true" no matter what`s in the field
"There must be a way" ,he said shaking his tierd little head, "try lingo-l,
someone is bound to know...." So thats just what he did!

mike(gone midnight):(