"Morales, Carlos R." wrote:

> I have a fairly long text area that I want to put on the screen and then
> clip to only show a few lines within it.  I'm trying to get give the
> impression that the user is scrolling the text by moving the text up/down
> and then clipping into to a fixed rectangular size.  When I try this using a
> mask, both the mask and the image move.
>
> Is this possible?  Better approach?

Mask ink doesn't seem to work with with text of fields (D7) so an answer
would be to put the text behind a sprite that has a hole in it and slide
it up and down as desired. either by adjusting the scrollTop or simply
changing the loc of the sprite.

Or you could just use a boxType = (#fixed or "fixed"(text or field)) and
manipulate it with the scrolltop and/ or scrollByLine or scrollByPage

Is this helpful? clear?

--
Carl West    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
617.262.8830 x246

I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be
stolen out of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.

           - Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1