Hello list,
    I'm trying to make a group of vertically stacked fields change their
widths according to how far the user clicks and drags the bar that covers
their left side (like for width of cells in spreadsheet programs).  I don't
want them to be able to resize them from the right.  I had no problem coming
up with the lingo for moving the bar left and right, but when I tried to tie
in the field, I got lost.  The best I could do was to have the entire field
move with the bar... I couldn't get the right side of it to remain in it's
inital location.  Here's the code I'm using right now (try not to laugh):

on mouseDown me
  sprite(me.spriteNum).moveableSprite = TRUE
  box1 = 7  -- I only hardcoded this for experiment purposes
  repeat while the stillDown
    sprite(me.spriteNum).locH = the mouseH
    sprite(box1).left = the mouseH
    updateStage
  end repeat
  sprite(me.spriteNum).moveableSprite = FALSE

Thanks,
Eric Reynertson