> > Thanks, but it's a bit more complicated than that, I guess...  I can´t
> > predict which cast members will go into each movie because they are
chosen
> > randomly (like characters and scenarios in a game), so I think it isn't
> > possible to break the large cast into smaller ones.
>
> Then have you tried linking the members, not the casts, dynamically?
>
> - -Kurt

That's the possibility I was thinking about.
I would create on the fly a new cast member and use its 'linked' property
to point to the url of the file I need.
All of the members linked this way are going to be flash files so I think I
could use something like "member(new(#flash)).pathName =
"http://www.myURL.com/flashFile.swf"

Do you know if shockwave works allright with this method? For what I can
see it would be the only way of achieving what I pretend.

Cheers,
Miguel