re:
1) Have the projector only made from a stub movie.  It has a script that
just says "go movie <whatever>" and that movie resides in an EXTERNAL file
(not bundled in with the projector, which would defeat the purpose).
...... from Tab.

I have a projector made from a movie which has one script in it.
"on exitFrame
go movie "@\movies\start"
end "

I set it in the root of the CD. and set all my other movies and folders in
the "movies" folder.

that's it. nothing else, the movie I use to create the projector is
something like 12K.  So, Is this what you are referring to? if so, then It
still takes minimum of 8- 12 secs before I even see a change in the screen
(desktop blanked out). I need something better, than that because my boss
was testing it, and when he didn't see something after a few sec. he tried
to open it again, (PC), and it opened the application twice!
So, I'm using Director 7.0.2. any suggestions?

thanks,
six_shadow9