Hi George

You said that the project was initially started in an earlier version of
Director, you were creating the actual projector and shocking stuff in
version 8.  As an off hand suggestion try the following:

1). Go to Modify -> Movie -> Xtras
        Write down all the xtras attached to the movie and what their settings are
ie. Download if needed etc...
2). Remove all Xtras attached to the movie (same dialogue box)
3). Save and Compact the movie
4). Repeat for the remaining movies
5). If you haven't already, run Xtras -> Update Movies -> Update on the
remaining files (back up your files safely first).
6). Now reopen your files (one at a time). Add back the appropriate Xtras
under D8 maintaining the same settings as they originally had.
7). Save and compact your movie

See if that helps. Often when a movie is created in earlier versions of
Director some of the Xtras somehow cause problems because they still point
to versions of the Xtra that are outdated etc... I've seen wierd things
happen once or twice because of this.

Sincerely

Mark

Mark R. Jonkman
Mark R. Jonkman Consulting
ADDRESS: 20 Windermere Crt., Guelph, ON, CANADA N1E 3L4
PHONE: 519-837-8509
EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]