Thanks for your help Rich.

I know I am close to solving this.  I am not sure why it still isn't
working.  Maybe if I walk through what I think is happening, you (or anyone
else willing) will be able to tell where I am off.

I have a text file called "spon_prop_1_1.txt" in a folder called "Prefs" on
the same level as my Projector.  I have a text field called "bullet_1_1"
with a behavior on it stating:

on beginSprite
  setPref("spon_prop_1_1.txt", CRLF2CR(member("bullet_1_1").text))
end

The CRLF2CR movie script states:

on CRLF2CR source
    set dest to ""
    repeat while true
      set theOffset to offset(numToChar(10), source)
      if NOT theOffset then exit repeat
      put char 1 to (theOffset - 1) of source after dest
      delete char 1 to theOffset of source
    end repeat
    put source after dest
    return dest
 end CRLF2CR

All I want to have happen is that the field reads the text file and removes
the unrecognized characters.  Will this remove any returns all together?  If
so, I guess I need to put them back as recognized characters as well.  It
doesn't seem like it should be this difficult.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!!!

Brett Wacha
Interactive Designer
MAI Interactive
10975 Benson