"R. Bhakti Klein" wrote:

> there are ways of controlling where the files go on the cd, so that
> assets that are needed at the same time are physically close to each
> other, but i don't know offhand how to manage that...

In Toast, making an ISO or hybrid CD, go into ISO > Layout you can move
the files around making sure things used together are near each other.

My understanding is that the files at the top are nearest the center of
the disc (which is written from the center out) and that placing them
there reduces the average seek-time to get to them.
I could be wrong about that, but it does seem to speed things up when I
put the external casts up near the top of the layout.

--
Carl West    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
617.262.8830 x246

I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be
stolen out of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.

           - Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1