Having mastered the dark arts of the preload file with thanks to Pranav &
Quixadá
I am finding this strange anomaly,
If I preload and then set the filename of an empty linked external cast
"thumbnails" to MYdownloadCast.cst it works fine, if I try the same thing
with the compressed file MYdownloadCast.cct it doesn't work.???

In testing this the code didn't change, only the extension (yes I am
preloading the correct file).
How can I make it recognise the .cct extension

also another point, if I set TheURL = moviePath & MYdownloadCast.
TheURL = the local filepath not the true URL is there a way I can point to
the true URL without having to hard code it?

Thanks as always to those that give up their time to help the likes a me

Brad Hile