I need to create a copy of a text member in which certain letters are
replaced with other letters, but the styles remain unchaged: hyperlinks,
character formatting, and paragraph formatting.

I can't find a way.

If I go through member.rtf, replacing each character, then the hyperlinks
are lost. If I go through member.html, replacing character by character,
then the hyperlinks remain intact, but of course, other things get messed
up. If I use member.text, then both hyperlinks and styles are lost. What's
left?

Slava