At 23:26 19.03.01 +0100, Andreas Gaunitz wrote:
>  You can have several shockwave movies in different browser windows and
> make them talk to each other by using postNettext. Or so I heard.

Getpref/setpref is useful for communication between parallel shockwaves,
you could use one file for the messages to pass and, in case you need
two-way communication, another file which, if present, indicates that the
message file is currently in use by another shockwave ( you might call that
"lock".)
Each shockwave periodically polls for new messages:

if the lock file is present, try later
else getPref the message file
if the message is new then do something smart

if a shockwave wants to send a message, the steps are similar:

if the lock file is present, try later
else setPref the lock file
      setPref the message
      setPref the lock file with no content to erase it

best regards
daniel plaenitz