>does anyone know of any specialized "editor" that can be used to enter
>information, and have it generate the appropriate XML.

Interwoven will do that, but I think it costs $100K or so.

I also know of a company that is doing something with Word--you assign
styles to the different xml data nodes. Then you run a filter that converts
the styled Word document into xml. However, it's still in beta. I'll see if
I can get the name of the person for you to contact--they might want you as
a beta tester :-)

Or, you could use the approach I'm taking. I'm writing my own editor that
will write out xml. I don't think it's going to be that hard in
Director--I've only allocated 4 days for it. Actually, calling it an editor
is a bit grandiose--it's just some input fields and radio buttons.

Cordially,
Kerry Thompson
Learning Network