> principle you can avoid, or at least solve, crashes in
> Director when using
> and destroying objects (and MIAWs, in this case).

True. All this is a big help in understanding some "mysterious" issues
surrounding instability in director, such as having a child object
auto-destruct on stepFrame, or a sprite's behavior removing itself from the
scriptInstanceList (an issue I came across not too long ago). Weather one
uses Tab's approach (global variables) or Jakob's (timeOuts), the same
techniques can be used for any or all of the above issues.

Karina