>I have named two fields with the same name expecting them to receive identical
>data from a list but only one actually receives it.

Do you mean you have two field cast members with the same name? Or two
variables with the same name, holding data from a field?

If you have two cast members of the same name, Director will always use the
first one. If you have them in different casts, you can differentiate them
by using the cast name (field x of castlib y).

If it's variables, even if you think you're creating a new variable,
Director will assign the value to the existing variable of the same name.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson