Hi Tab,

I posted the question in the first place so i guess i should explain :).
I'm not neccasarily in a paticular need of it. I was wondering if you could
do it as I could very well use it in the near future, it seems that it could
be useful.  I think I see how you can achieve the same result with lists.
Basically it would be like:

-- List of icon id's
gIconIdList = [#English_expanded : "1", #Math_expanded : "2"]

set subject = "English"
set status = "expanded"

getProp(gIconIdList, subject & "_" & status)

That what you were talking about?

Thanks for everyones input on this

- Bill