I have done a trivia game that uses asp pages to retrieve info from a
database.  There is an asp page, through the use of the stored procedure,
that pulls 18 random questions, and also randomizes the answers so the
question is never the same, in theory.  Anyway, several times when
retrieving the questions, there is html code showing up as a question.  The
code is usually the error that has occurred.

My client, who is also a programmer (in authorware), has suggested the
concept of a variable leak from director to the asp page.  I am passing the
information using the postNetText command, with a property list used to
send the information.

netID = getNetText(getURL & "wayne.asp",["course_ID":course_ID,
"gameLevel":gameLevel])

I use the watcher window and see that director is sending the appropriate
values for each variable, but my client still wants to make sure we don't
have a variable leak coming from Director.

Can anyone explain to me what he might mean by a variable leak?  I know
about memory leaks, but as a middle of the class level programmer of lingo,
I am curious what this concept may be.

BTW, the gentleman programming the asp page, and the stored procedure has
now reprogrammed his page to display the error and the variables values
when it happens.  The values I send are being received correctly.

Sharon Moeller

Tracking #: 11B41421B2845242A1E57B8B3D09E5EB18EF5391