It seems to me that Macromedia's implementation of OOP is quite
vague/flexible (depending on your point of view). I use smalltalk, java
and objective c - there is no reason why you can't implement any OOP
technique, even protocols and categories. I've always thought of
behaviours as a kind of object - you can do things like overriding the
new method - just think of attaching a behaviour to a sprite as having
implicitly initialized an object.
        But your right it is a moral rather than practical debate...

JMTCW

Pete