>How can I get Lingo to call checkParam after one clicks on the OK button
>of the parameter dialog?

I think you need to take it out of the getPropertyDescriptionList handler.
Can you do it on beginSprite, or possibly call it from the message window
with sendSprite? The program would have to be running for sendSprite to
work, of course.

Or is there another way around it? Can you use the #range property to
filter properties? Something like this:

on getPropertyDescriptionList
   suitableSound = GetSuitableMembers([#sound])
   p_list = [#pMySound: [#comment: "Sound:", #format: #member, #range:
suitableSound, #default: whatever]]
   return p_list
end

Cordially,