Tom could you elaborate on what is not possible in the prepareMovie handler.
I started with D4 but didn't come back till d7 and there was no prepareMovie
in D4 as I remember, so I'm a bit shaky with the do's and don'ts of
prepareMovie  I've been having trouble initializing a parent script when
using just one-frame programming.

Thanks,
Alex

> FYI: frame 1 of the score is always drawn *before* the startMovie event
occurs, therefore beginSprite handlers on sprites in frame 1 will execute
before your startMovie handler does. This occurs by design and is therefore
labeled as "expected and normal behavior". Move sprites into frame 2 or
begin using a prepareMovie handler (be careful, in the prepare movie handler
not all Lingo is possible).