Let me just say some things out of My experience:
- QuickTime Is Great
- Sorenson is terriffic
- Director Rocks

Together though, they sadly enough, cock up badly. Don't ask me why, don't
ask me how, but I know they do. Either the QT asset xtras have a huge memory
leak, or then they just seem to have it, anyway, play one sorenson clip in
one movie, then play another and do watch your memory inspector Skyrocket to
an impossible 4 GB of needed memory. Well, naturally there's something wrong
with that combination, and I have noticed on a heap of projects, that
Something gets screwed (note! sometimes this may infact be the source of
seemingly unrelated problems (frequent crashes etc.)), if you a# have more
than 1 clip on the stage at any given time b# play many consequtive
QT-sorenson-clips within one movie (not always avoidable) c# have more than
1 sorenson-quickTime clip in your cast.

There are some workarounds, which (not all are simple) enable you avoid the
problem almost fully.

Avoiding point a# is not possible, except by redesigning the program.

Avoiding point b# is possible by making a "light movie" for showing the
videoclips and always quickly exiting the movie and re-entering it.

Avoiding point c# is fairly easy, you have one single QT-member, preferrably
in your internal cast, which you Create on the fly and then set it's
member.filename property.

Pekka