From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 9:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Resources for Linux/VM

Right now I'm running a single linux image in a small test LPAR.  By
small I mean it, It has 1 IFL processor and 96 megs of memory.  I know
questions like this beg to be answered by "Well, it depends", but is
there any kind of general rule of thumb for determining what resources
would be required by multiple linux images under VM?  For example,
anything like "For X linux images under VM, you'll want to have X times
Y of memory."  I realize the answer would probably be VERY rule of thumb
and be largely influenced by a number of variables, but anything
ballpark will be helpful so I can begin to get an idea of what
additional resources I will need in the future.

Thanks!
Daniel