Hello everyone,

I am please to announce an updated paper "Sharing and maintaining SLES 10
SP2 Linux under z/VM", and an associated tar file with scripts and
configuration files.

The paper is available on the Web at:
    http://linuxvm.org/present/misc/ro-root-S10.pdf
The tar file is available at:
    http://linuxvm.org/present/misc/ro-root-S10.tgz

The other authors are Steve Womer, Rick Troth and Kyle Black.

This is an update to the IBM Redpaper published in 2/08 with a similar
title. The updates in this paper are as follow:
-) Based on z/VM 5.4 (previously 5.3)
-) Based on SLES 10 SP2 (previously SLES 10)
-) Linux scripts and z/VM REXX EXECs added/updated
-) Linux script to create read-only system now named mnt2rogld.sh
-) Disk space of each Linux system increased
-) /var/lib/rpm/ is bind-mounted read-only over read-write /var/ file
system
-) More detailed section on maintaining Linux

There is a counterpart paper based on RHEL coming in hopefully about a
month. Watch this space.

Thanks to many people who made this possible - just to name a few: Brian
France, Dom Depasquale, Carlos Ordonez, Brad Hinson, Mark Post, David
Boyes, Ernie Horn, Steve Shultz and Hongjie Yang.

We had hoped to also add a section on DCSSs and NSSs but ran out of time.
Maybe it can still be added.

Enjoy!  Feedback is welcome.

"Mike MacIsaac" <mike...@us.ibm.com>   (845) 433-7061