From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Mark Post
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:27 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: SDK for SLES 11

>>> On 7/21/2009 at  6:49 AM, Florian Bilek <florian.bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I installed now the sdk-11 and have again some questions:
>
> - Is it right that the 2. Media is there only to provide the sources? Becaus
> in that case I have no need to keep it on my install server.

Correct.

> - sdk 10 had a rexx package. I cannot find it under sdk 11. Do you have any
> idea what happened to that? I hoped there would have been a newer version
> than 3.3 of rexx.

The SDK was slimmed down quite a bit for SLE11.  It had become a bit of a
dumping ground for software that people thought might be useful to our
customers, but that wasn't going to be supported.  Beginning with SLE11, there
is an "extras" channel for non-SDK software that won't be supported either, but
right now there's not much in it.  I don't know what selection criteria will be
used for that channel.  I don't believe Regina is there at the moment.

Since neither the SDK nor the extras channel will contain supported software,
you might as well just build Regina from source.  I'll ask around internally to
see if I can find out what sorts of things will wind up in extras.