The ATTACH is attaching real device 600-602. However you already have 600
defined as NIC.
 Remove the ATTACH

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Sergey
Korzhevsky
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 12:18 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: VSWITCH for z/vm tcpip

Hi All,

 Could you, please, help me define vswitch for linuxes AND z/VM TCPIP.

At first, i created all tcp/ip configuration with 'ipwizard' and real OSA
addresses and it worked fine. Now, i would like to move to VSWITCH.

The OSA is 010, i made the following changes in system config:

DEFINE VSWITCH VSW1 RDEV 010
MODIFY VSWITCH VSW1 GRANT TCPIP

for user TCPIP:

NICDEF 600 TYPE QDIO LAN SYSTEM VSW1

I also changed TCPIP PROFILE accordingly

DEVICE d...@0600  OSD 0600   NONROUTER
LINK ETH0 QDIOETHERNET d...@0600   MTU 1500 IP

BUT, my concern is file SYSTEM   DTCPARMS:

:nick.TCPIP    :type.server
               :class.stack
               :ATTACH.0600-0602

During IPL, TCPIP tries to attach device 0600, fails and stop working.

TCP:

NIC 0600 is created; devices 0600-0602 defined
z/VM Version 6 Release 1.0, Service Level 0000 (64-bit),

<skip>

DTCRUN1022I Console log will be sent to default owner ID: TCPMAINT
HCPCPS040E Device 0600 does not exist
DTCRUN1001E "CP VARY ON 0600-0602" failed with return code 40
DTCRUN1099E Server not started - correct problem and retry
DTCRUN1019I Server will not be logged off because you are connected

This is controller:

q vswitch
VSWITCH SYSTEM VSW1     Type: VSWITCH Connected: 0    Maxconn: INFINITE
  PERSISTENT  RESTRICTED    NONROUTER                 Accounting: OFF
  VLAN Unaware
  MAC address: 02-00-01-00-00-01
  State: Ready
  IPTimeout: 5         QueueStorage: 8
  Isolation Status: OFF
  RDEV: 0010.P00 VDEV: 0010 Controller: DTCVSW1
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 11:11:12

Thank you.

        WBR, Sergey

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note:  The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from
your system.  Thank you.  NYSE Euronext.