From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Mauro
Souza
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 9:00 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: mac address problem

My script is called rclocal, is started on rc3 and rc5, and is the last script
(symlinked as S99rclocal). It only have this inside:

#!/bin/bash
ping -c1 -w 1 172.16.0.1

172.16.0.1 is the default gateway. This is a vswitch lan (VSADM), on Layer2,
using Link Aggregation. All penguins wearing red hats on that network behaves
as it should, but all green jacketed SUSE11 penguins don't... It may be the
color...

And as promised, here's the ifcfg-eth0 file (no LLADDR on it, as suspected):
zlinx100:~ # cat /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 BOOTPROTO='static'
IPADDR='172.16.0.71/24'
BROADCAST=''
GATEWAY='172.16.0.1'
STARTMODE='auto'
NAME='OSA Express Network card (0.0.0900)'
ETHTOOL_OPTIONS=''
MTU=''
NETWORK=''
REMOTE_IPADDR=''