When you enable FTP access, you must give the IP address that will access
the media.  Then you log in with the user id and password that it gives
you.  The contents of the DVD are the root directory.

I just tried this on my HMC and it worked just like this.

--
Bruce Hayden
z/VM and Linux on System z ATS