Thanks Bruce and Mark:

Here is my where I am and I'll give a quick synopsis:

On HMC
1) dvd1 of install disk loaded in hmc DVD
2) selected LPARZ and Load from Removabke Media or Server. Load successful.
3) opened Operating System Messages to view Kernel messages and prompts
4)enable FTP access to mass storage media and give access to media for
LPARZ IP address 123.45.67.8
5) Main Menu: select 1-start installation
6) Start installation: select 1-start installation or update
7) Choose source medium: 2-Network
8) Choose network protocol: 1-FTP
9) Choose network device: 1-IBM OSA express
10) choose physical medium: 1-Ethernet
11) relative port number: 0
12) device address read, write data channel....211, 212, 213
13) port name to use : gave a indiscriminate name (I assume this could be a
random name?)
14) OSI LAYER 2 support: yes
15) MAC address - pressed ENTER
16) auto config DHCP : No
17) enter your IPv4 address: 123.45.67.8 (LPARZ IP address)
18) net mask : 255.255.255.0
19) gateway IP :  987.65.43.0
20) search domains: mydomain.net
21) IP address of name server:  5.4.3.2
22) IP address of FTP server: 177.8.7.8 (this is IP of HMC)
23) directory on server: /
24) enter username
25) enter password
26) http proxy? : select 2-NO