On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Chris Ball <c...@laptop.org> wrote:
>   > Well, all in all, you get the idea, and I'm probably not the guy
>   > to craft questions for such a survey. But having input from as
>   > large a panel of users as possible would be a nice thing to have.
>
> Your questions are fine -- I might add:
>
> * Rank the following future features in importance, 4 == most important
> [ ] working fsck
> [ ] GUIs for userspace actions e.g. snapshots
> [ ] data deduplication
> [ ] hot data relocation

You're missing RAID levels above 1, and deduplication.  :)  (And
probably a few others.)

> Please use something like Google Spreadsheets (which has a forms
> option) if you're going to run such a survey, rather than having
> everyone reply on-list -- we shouldn't bother this list with any
> results other than the final summary.

Something like SurveyMonkey (http://www.surveymonkey.com) or
SurveyGizmo (http://www.surveygizmo.com) or similar would be better,
as it does all the reporting for you, builds the nice survey interface
with checkboxes, radio buttons, text fields, etc.  And they're still
free (as in beer).

--
Freddie Cash
fjwc...@gmail.com